Last modified: November 1, 2023
- API – ChatData application programming interface to be integrated with the User’s software.
- Cookies - small files stored on your Device.
- Service Providers - any individual or entity that handles data on behalf of the Data Controller. To enhance the efficiency of data processing, we may engage the services of various Service Providers.
- Personal Data - is data that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. This information can be used on its own or in combination with other data to identify a person.
- Service - together the Website, Widget and/or the API (depending on the scope dedicated to a given User).
- Usage Data - data collected automatically either generated by the use of Service or from Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- User - the individual using our Service. User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
- Website - web pages located at ChatData.com
- Widget - ChatData widget that may be implemented to the User’s website.
2. Information We Collect
When you visit, use, or navigate our Services, we may process personal information depending on how you interact with us and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. We may collect the following types of information:
- Personal Information: When you interact with our website, you may be asked to provide personal information, such as your name, email address, contact details, username, and password.
- Usage Information: We collect non-personal information about your interactions with our website, including your IP address, browser type, and cookies.
The information collected through cookies may include your IP address, browser type, device type, operating system, referring URLs, pages viewed, and interactions with our website. These cookies help us enhance your browsing experience and improve our website's functionality.
- Essential Cookies - These cookies are necessary for our website to function correctly. They enable you to navigate our site and use its features securely.
- Analytics Cookies - We use analytics cookies to understand how visitors interact with our website, which pages are the most popular, and where improvements may be needed. This data helps us make informed decisions to enhance our website's performance and user experience.
- Marketing Cookies - Marketing cookies allow us to deliver personalized content and advertisements tailored to your interests. These cookies help us show you relevant promotions and offers.
Your choice about cookies: You can manage your cookie preferences by adjusting the settings in your web browser. Most browsers allow you to accept, reject, or delete cookies. Please note that if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our website may not work correctly, and your browsing experience may be affected.
We may collect usage data generated when you interact with our website or use our services. This information helps us analyze user behavior, improve our services, and enhance your experience on our website. Usage data includes, but is not limited to:
- IP address
- Device type
- Browser type and version
- Operating system
- Referring URLs
- Date and time of access
- Pages visited
- Features and content viewed or interacted with
- Error logs
We use usage data for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- Website and Service Improvement: We analyze usage data to understand how visitors interact with our website and services, identify areas that may need improvement, and optimize user experiences.
- Security and Compliance: Usage data is essential for monitoring and maintaining the security and integrity of our website and services. We may use this data to detect and prevent unauthorized access, fraudulent activities, or any violations of our terms and policies.
- Analytics: We use analytics tools to assess website traffic, track user engagement, and gather insights to enhance our content and features. The data collected is anonymized and aggregated to protect your privacy.
3. How We Collect Information
We collect information through various means, including:
- Information You Provide: We collect data when you fill out forms, sign up for our services, and communicate with us.
Do we process any sensitive personal information? We do not process sensitive personal information.
Do we receive any information from third parties? We do not receive any information from third parties.
4. Information from Children
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 16 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 16 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 16 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 16, please contact us at [email protected].
5. How do we process your information?
We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our Services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with the law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent. We process your information only when we have a valid legal reason to do so. We use your data for the following purposes:
- To provide and personalize our services to you.
- To process your orders and transactions.
- To communicate with you, including responding to your inquiries and providing customer support.
- To send you updates, promotions, and marketing materials, where applicable.
Mixpanel:Mixpanel is offered by Mixpanel Inc. If you wish to prevent Mixpanel from using your data for analytics purposes, you can choose to opt out. To do so, please visit this page: https://mixpanel.com/terms/.
7. Service Providers
We might enlist the assistance of third-party companies and individuals to support our services. These Service Providers may render services on our behalf, offer services related to our Service, or help us in analyzing the usage of our Service. These third parties are granted access to your Personal Data exclusively for the purpose of fulfilling these tasks on our behalf and are under a contractual obligation not to reveal or employ it for any other intent.
8. Data Security
We take appropriate measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We have organizational and technical processes and procedures in place to protect your personal information. However, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information.
9. Your Rights
You have the right to access, correct, or delete your personal information. To exercise these rights or if you have any privacy-related concerns, please contact us at [email protected].
10. Data Retention
We retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected unless a longer retention period is required by law.
11. Data Transfers
We operate in a global context, extending our Services to Users worldwide. Both we and third-party entities responsible for automated data processing technologies related to our Services or our third-party advertising partners may transfer processed information across borders, moving it from your country or jurisdiction to various countries or jurisdictions around the world. This means that your personal information may be sent to a foreign country, a specific territory within that country, or to an international organization that might not offer the same level of data protection as your home country. It's essential to be aware that this could involve the transfer of information, including personal data, to a country or jurisdiction where data protection laws may not align with those in your jurisdiction.
We take measures to ensure that any recipient of your personal data adheres to proper data protection practices in accordance with current legislation governing such information. By using our Services, you agree to the potential transfer of your personal data to a foreign country, a designated sector within that country, or to an international organization.
13. Legal Requirements
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83 ("Shine The Light" Law): This law permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Services, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g., backups, etc.).
CCPA Privacy Notice
This section applies only to California residents. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), you have the rights listed below. The California Code of Regulations defines a "resident" as: (1) every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and (2) every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose. All other individuals are defined as "non-residents." If this definition of "resident" applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information. Please refer to https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa for more details.
15. Contact Us
For more information about our privacy practices; to access, update, or correct inaccuracies in your personal information; or if you have a question or complaint about the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].